Monday, August 17, 2009

I'll Go Crawling Back to the City I Love

Well it's taken me a week of feeling depressed and discontent to finally start enjoying being home. I'm ashamed of myself for taking this long, but when you really love something it's hard to let it go. My love right now is camp. And right now they're just getting started on the first day of their last week. It's hard not to not want to be there.

But luckily I went to church yesterday. And while the music was great and the sermon was decent, that wasn't what made me happy. I got to see old friends. Friends I hadn't seen all summer. Friends I was losing touch with. That made me so happy...just seeing them. It was nice catching up and making plans for this week to hang out. At least it'll give me something to do. If I can find a good distraction then my mind won't be focused on camp 24/7 like it has been. Which is probably a good thing. I mean don't get me wrong. I love camp, but I need to focus again on things I have to get done here. I'm headed back to school in five days. I need to get prepared for that. And there's been something of a huge blow to my family that no one saw coming, and has been hard to deal with. And that needs my attention as well.

So, I'm learning to be content with where I am. I can't be at camp all year long (although I'd like to be). I need to finish my degree and then maybe I can have some fun in the Portland area. That's my plan anyway. But for now I'm in Borger. And I will enjoy it! Haha

P.S. Good Old War? They should be your new favorite band

1 comment:

Marilyn =) said...

TEX!! Hey man! So, I don't really know what to say...ha, but I hope your doing pretty swell.

I think I might have some of the same feelings toward camp too. I miss it a lot, but it is good to be home too. It seems I am never comfortable where I am...but isn't that a good thing? ha...

I have a feeling like if God truly loves us, He won't let us get in a comfortable spot. I both smile and cringe at that thought because I know what that means; God calls us to live a life that is hard, but full of intense joy.

Then all I can do is sit and sigh when I think about God's plan for my life...which I know nothing about.

It's hard to be a Christian. Flat out. But it's so AWEsome!

Have you ever thought about whether you would still follow Jesus if you couldn't go to heaven and be with Him forever? Is it worth following Him if it were only on the earth?

I think I still would follow Jesus. I think I would because even though this life is hard, He gives us so much joy through learning how to love people more and more every day. I think that without Jesus, life has no purpose at all.

Honestly, I would hate life because what would we have to live for? School? Work? Prom?...hahaha

Anyway...ha I'm just goin' off.

Continue being awesome cause God's AWEsome!

-TyeDye =) haha