Sunday, June 1, 2008

The (real) beginning to the summer

So here I am.
Back in Oklahoma. And to be honest I couldn't be happier. I've come to love it here. But to be honest, it think it's the closeness to friends and school that make it so loveable. I'm really excited about what this summer will hold for me. The work, the friends, the trips, the growth; I'm looking forward to it all. I really have a feeling that God is gonna use this time at Two Feathers Ranch to grow me and my dad together. The divorce has been hard on him, my sister and I. Luckily I've had a year closer to him, and we're doing much better, and I thank God for that, but there's still some work to be done. Yesterday was a good day. We just got to sit and talk at KFC, of all places, about God and life and whether Christians should kill and skepticism in the church and a bunch of other things. It was great and I enjoyed it very much and I think God is restoring a father and son to their prior relationship; before divorce was a part of the picture.

Things are really looking up. And for once in my life, I'm truly content with where I am. I'm usually looking off to some other point in my life, but I want to freeze right now. It's strange.

And, as you might be able to tell, I'm journaling again. I guess this is technically a blog, but I'll call it a journal. haha. It's been a long time since I've journaled so this will be another thing to add to the list of positive changes in my life. And props to Disch for kind of inspiring me to do this. You're a good friend!

Well, until next time...

2 comments:

Veronica said...

One of the things my pastor always says is that when Jesus says He is the Resurrection and the Life it means he can restore all things.

I just thought it might be some good words for you. Enjoy.

Sarah said...

benjamin.
love it.
im excitied for this summer for you to.
im praying right back for you bro.
peace and love.