Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Apparently I'm really in the mood to write...and ponder lyrics

I don't know if you've heard of Dustin Kensrue, but you need to go get his CD right now.He's the lead singer of Thrice, but he put out a solo album a year or two ago.
Anyways, he's an incredible man of God and often alludes to passages of Scripture in his songs. He has a song called Please Come Home and it's based upon the parable of the prodigal son, but it's written from the perspective of the father in the story, that father being God.

That chorus has been on my heart lately.

I've felt so cold and apathetic to the things of God, and I really feel like this summer is an opportunity for me to reconnect with my Father. I desperately need it. I'm crying out for it!

But here are the lyrics...and seriously, go listen to the actual song.
It's incredibly moving.


I still stand here waiting

with my eyes fixed on the road,

and I fight back tears and wonder

if you're ever coming home.

Don't you know son that I love you?

And I don't care where you've been.

Yes and I'll be right here waiting

'til you come around the bend.

And I run to you and hold you close,

Won't let go again.

So please come home


Those lyrics really get to me.
I feel that that is the exact message that God is sending to me.
So please pray that I can give up the things that have entangled me and drawn me away from Him. I need that closeness so much

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Of course I'm praying for you, my friend.

Always.

Sarah said...

ive been praying..

God is GOOD.