Thursday, July 10, 2008

Typical

So yesterday I had something of a traumatic experience.

I few days ago we had a tire go out on the riding mower here at the ranch, so yesterday we took it with us into town to get it checked out. Well, Dad was at work so he sent me to get it looked at. When I got there they sent me to the back where the shop was and had one of their guys look at it.

So the guy was fiddling around with it had he said that it looked like the tire was too big for the rim. I told him that I didn't know anything about that tire, since it's not our mower and everything. So he says that maybe it's not. (Turns out it was)

So he tries to air it up. First they blast it with this stuff, I don't even know what but it gets the tire back into the rim. Then he begins to actually air it up. Well he goes for a while, and then suddenly the tire explodes! And it explodes in his face! I'm standing about 10 feet away so it didn't do anything to me, but he's jacked up. He's bleeding from around his eye and it looked like he had a pretty good gash on his hand. I couldn't believe it. I just stood there with my jaw on the floor. They had to rush this poor guy to the hospital! I've never felt worse in my entire life. And I know that technically it wasn't my fault, but I feel bad because it was my tire that he was looking and had I known more about it, it might have prevented this unfortunate accident.

Anyways, they politely asked me to leave and I noticed, as I drove by later, that the car they had taken him to the hospital in was back so I'm guessing that he's ok and his injuries were minor.

But man was it an ordeal.
I seriously can't stop thinking about it. I feel terrible.
I could use some cheering up

PS - Happy birthday Mom and Anna!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

dude. its not your fault you know that--- ill pray for you tho; that youll understand what you are supost to learn from this :)

do we get to hangout when i get back in August?

Veronica said...

Holy mackerel.

That's nuts!

Man, I understand the whole feeling-bad thing, I myself am a walking guilt complex. I'm just glad you're both ok in the end.